1. Where will you be on Thanksgiving Day? With whom? Im not sure where Ill be yet for Thanksgiving. The last several years I have been invited to a friend’s house for Thanksgiving dinner which has been so fun. She invited me again this year. But I might go home and spend it with my Dad, sister, grandparents, aunt, uncle etc but I have to come home Saturday because I preach Sunday morning the 27th. No matter where I am, I will be spending it with people I love!
2. Are there any family traditions or memories associated with Thanksgiving? In our family, we always play the card game “Rook” after our holiday meals. Also candied sweet potatoes is something that we always have at our dinner.
3. What will be on your Thanksgiving menu? Lets see…..if Im at Grandmas…the menu will include turkey, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, a relish tray featuring some of her canned pickles, olives, etc, probably a green bean casserole, some salads, and about three-four different desserts; Pumpkin Pie, some chocolate dessert, an apple pie!
4. Are you trying anything new this Thanksgiving? Nope cant say that I am
5. What is the weather forecast for this day (next Thursday)? The weather channel website says that it is suppose to have a high of 41 and a low of 18.
Bonus: Prayer, poem, song, or whatever you choose to exemplify your image of Thanksgiving (giving thanks). For me, I always thank of the Holiday specials like the Macy’s Thanksgiving day parade.