Well here I go. Finally sitting down to play the Friday Five. Sorry its so late. I also apologize if my answers dont make any sense because Im half asleep. Today was my day off so I drove to Bismarck to get some shopping done and got back fairly late. Well here are my answers. Happy 4th of July everyone!
1) Do you celebrate 4th of July (or some other holiday representing independence?)Yes I do celebrate the 4th of July. We usually shoot off fireworks, cook out, etc. When I worked at camp, this was the week we always got off.
2) When was the first time you felt independent, if ever?I would have to say that there have been several times…when I first got my drivers license, when I went to work at camp by myself, when I went to seminary and most recently moving into my own place. Today I bought a cutting board, end table, cleaning supplies etc and I kept thinging wow I really have grown up and become independent.
3) If you’re hosting a cookout, what’s on the grill?I dont have any plans for the 4th yet. However my cookout definetely would have to be hamburgers, hot dogs, brats on the grill. There is just something so great about cooking on charcoal…always has been my fave. But my meal wouldnt be complete without pototo salad, chips, pickles, etc.
4) Strawberry Shortcake — biscuit or sponge cake? Discuss. Strawberry shortcake is good stuff but I would have to agree that it is best on angel food cake. I dont think I have ever had it on biscuit.
5) Fireworks — best and worst experience Fireworks have always been a big thing in my family. My dad always has loved shooting them off. I would say my best experience is shooting fireworks off with my family. Also after my parents divorced, mom used to take my little sis and I to see the professional fireworks done town. I remember laying on the hood of her car watching them. That was always fun too. The worst probably would have to be some of the stupid things we did like lighting Bob Cats in our hands and then throwing them. I definetely will never do that again or teach anyone to do that. Also its a good thing no body got hurt when we did that stuff.
Goodnight all and Happy 4th of July!