1. What’s the high temperature today where you are? 98, tomorrow 103 and Sunday 104
2. Favorite way(s) to beat the heat? I love to sit in the shade and read a good book as long as I have plenty of water to drink. Anything involving water sounds good to me too…swimming, tubing, boating etc. And of course, ice cream is always good on a hot day!
3. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Evaluate this statement. Wow! Ive always lived in places where there has been high humidity. I have to agree with the above statement humidity just does something to your body and makes it seem so much hotter. I must say Dubuque, Iowa was probably the worst humid climate Ive ever lived in. People always said I would get used to the humidity but I never did!
4. Discuss one or more of the following: sauna, hot tub, sweat lodge, warm-stone massage. Saunas and hot tubs are great but I dont think Id want to be in them during this heat. Not sure Id ever want to try a sweat lodge because I sweat enough these days in this heat. And the warm-stone massage sounds great but I think Ill wait until its cooler out to try it.
5. Hottest you’ve ever been in your life? Wow…That is a good question. When I worked at camp, there were several summers where it was just unbearable. We were constantly telling our campers to drink water so they didnt get sick etc. But probably my hottest story was when a friend and I road tripped a couple of summers ago, we drove through Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, etc. While visiting my aunt and uncle in Arkansas, it was sooooo hot. My aunt and cousin took us to this great place called Dripping Springs. As we were hiking up to the spot, my friend H and I were like we might just have to jump in but of course when we got there, there was a sign saying no jumping in the water. 🙁 Ill never forget how hot it was that day because my cousins little boy Sam was two at the time. He thought he had to lead us ladies since he was the only male. And his little legs just kept climbing up and down those steps, his face was so red by the time we were done. After our little adventure, we had to go to Sonic to cool ourselves off!
Non-temperature related bonus: In your opinion… who’s hot? There are so many people that are hot but during this heat and dry weather, the farmers that continue to work the crops and work day and day out in this heat our hot! But I also think Matthew Macoughney is pretty hot too!