1. Tell us about a time you met someone famous. When I was interning for college, I was working as a reporter for a local newspaper. I had the opportunity to meet and interview country singer Chad Brock. It was pretty cool! I also met Kim Peek last summer. Kim is the real live person that Dustin Hoffman’s character is based on in Rain Man. Also when I was in seminary, my friends and I drove to Davenport IA to go shopping. We decided to stop at an Old Chicago to eat. As we were eating my friends Mark and Melissa noticed some guys across the table from us. They had been on MTV’s The Real World. Of course, my friend Liz and I didnt know who they were since we didnt watch the show. But when we got back, Mark had us watch an episode and sure enough it was them!
2. Tell us about a celebrity you’d like to meet. I would love to meet so many people…Noah Wylie, Jars of Clay, JK Rowling, Maya Angelou, etc. I also would love to meet retired Nebraska Cornhuskers coach Tom Osborne.
3. Tell us about someone great who’s *not* famous that you think everyone oughta have a chance to meet. Well my mom is a pretty amazing women. My friends are pretty amazing! But if I had to choose, I would have to say my campus ministry director at college, she is such an amazing and awe-inspiring woman. I wouldnt be where I am today without her!
4. Do you have any autographs of famous people? Well lets see..Rick Trevino, Jars of Clay, Sister Helen Prejean, Joseph Grizone. I think thats it for now!
5. If you were to become famous, what would you want to become famous for? This is easy. Ever since I was little, Ive loved to write so I would have to say an author. I do have some poetry published which is cool but I would love to write a childrens book or a novel.
Bonus: Whose 15 minutes of fame was up long, long ago? Im going to have to agree with everyone else and say Paris Hilton. But there are others…the president, Britney, Lindsay, Nicky, Tom Cruise. (After Tom made the statement to Brooke Shields about not taking drugs, I became jaded. First of all, I couldnt believe he said it. Secondly, having a family member who lives with a mental illness, I know how important those meds are!)