1. Did you go to sleep away camp, or day camp, as a child? Wish you could? Or sometimes wish you hadn’t? I went to Bible camp when I was a little bit older. It was quite the experience.
2. How about camping out? Dream vacation, nightmare, or somewhere in between?
I must admit I love camping out. There is just something about being out in God’s creation.Some of my best memories are from camping out with friends from Bible Camp etc.
3. Have you ever worked as a camp counselor, or been to a camp for your denomination for either work or pleasure? Absolutely. I worked at a Bible camp for like seven summers. It was an amazing experience and is probably why I ended up at seminary. I wouldnt trade that experience for anything in the world.
4. Most dramatic memory of camp, or camping out? I would probably say that one of my memories from camp was when I was a camper. I went to Canoe camp and there was an odd number of people so I ended up canoing with one of the counselors. He got out of the boat to pull it up when we got to our camp site. For some reason, the boat tipped and I got soaked! I will never forget that!
5. What is your favorite camp song or songs? Bonus points if you link to a recording or video. I have so many favorites but if I had to pick, Id say “Once Again” by Matt Redman. It is one of my faves and we always sang it when doing our faith walks so it just seemed to hit home more. I like camp songs but there are a few that I can only take so much of because they just stick in my head FOREVER!