1) Do you observe Advent in your church? Yes we do. In fact this is my first Advent here and they have the most gigantic Advent wreath Ive ever seen. Its crazy!
2) How about at home? Actually Advent and Christmas are my favorite times of year. I have a couple of advent calendars in my apt. One is one where you peel off the stickers and the other is one I made at seminary with some seminary friends. Each day has a reflection. Its really cool!
3) Do you have a favorite Advent text or hymn? Hmmm thats a good question. Ill have to think about that one a little longer to tell you what my fave text. I like O Come Emmanuel but probably my latest hymn is a new Advent hymn in the new ELW (the new big in the ELCA). It talks about how Jesus came down so we may have light!
4) Why is one of the candles in the Advent wreath pink? (You may tell the truth, but I’ll like your answer better if it’s funny.) Its for the pepto bismo that Mary had to take throughout her pregnancy for indigestion.
5) What’s the funniest/kitschiest Advent calendar you’ve ever seen? Hmmm Im not sure. Ill have to keep my out for one this year!