(1) A Vox from Marie
(2) Voxing with TM
(3) A phone call from my friend JL
(4) Receiving fun mail. The piece of plunder jewelry I ordered at my party and finally got. Thanks KG!
(5) Bible study at the nursing home
(6) Thd best sister in the world!!
(7) IBC Cherry Limeade Soda
(8) Opening ceremony of the Olympic Games.
(9) An unexpected call from JH
(10) Supper with JL
(11) Texting with AD.
(12) Meeting up with some of the WND crew headed to CWA at the Minot airport
(13) Finding out KW is on the same flight to NOLA.
(14) Time in NOLA with great friends
(15) Seeing my friend KW
(16) Meeting a blog friend CM InRL
I am from my German Russian ancestors who came to America; coming to find new opportunities and newfound freedom.
I am linking up for the Five Minute Friday. The FMF is hosted by Kate Motaung on her blog Heading Home. Today’s prompt is “happy,” This flash mob of writers makes me so happy. I love them to pieces! We would love to have you join us.
I couldn’t get Pharrel’s song Happy out of my mind tonight. Mostly it was because Jennifer Dukes Lee was at the FMF Party and her new book The Happiness Dare has us all thinking about our happiness. And then Kate told us the word and of course it was happy. I just knew that was going to be the prompt.
So what makes you truly happy? Are you a giver, a doer, a relater, a thinker or an Experiencer? I myself am a giver with relater being one point behind. For me “shared happiness is double happiness.” I would much rather give than receive.
Sometimes in our world, it can be so hard to be happy. But in her book, Jennifer helps us look at happiness in a new way. Happiness and holiness are two sides to the same coin. One can be happy and holy at the same time. One of my fave quotes from the book is “The God who gave you your smile is the same God who gave you your tear ducts.” Yes! In other words, we can be happy in the midst of our sadness and in the midst of our joy. “Happiness is an outward expression of an inward joy found in Jesus.”–Jennifer Dukes Lee
For me, my happiness is found in cuddling with a tiny baby. Happiness is in spending time with those I love. Happiness is in the sweet summer sun kissing my skin. Happiness is found in jamming out to some of my favorite happy songs. Happiness is a reminder that I can be happy trusting and clinging to the promise of inward joy found in Jesus. I’ll happy dance to that
I just had to include this!
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a crier! I have been known to cry at a Hallmark commercial or two. I have been known to cry happy tears but also I have been known to cry sad tears too. My tears are so much a part of who I am. In fact, I often find myself apologizing for those tears. But this summer, as part of the launch team for Jennifer Dukes Lee’s new book “The Happiness Dare,” her words have given new meaning to those tears.
“You have permission to feel sorrow. It’s okay to cry. The God who gave you your smile also gave you your tear ducts.” YES! Oh how life-giving and refreshing those words have been for me as they have washed over me like the refreshing life-giving waters that claimed me in the waters of Baptism.
“You find happiness by being the best version of you!–Jennifer Dukes Lee
(1) Running into AN at the fairgrounds
(2) Enduro races with my sis
(3) Enjoying a Coke Icee at the fair
(4) Monster Truck races with my sis
(5) Receiving my new planner in the mail
(6) A high five from one of my fave little boys.
(7) Finding knoephla and kraut at the fair
(8) Old Dominion concert with my sis
(9) Texting with MW
(10) Awesome Kenny Chesney concert
(11) Working at FLC fair booth
(12) FLC peach pie
(13) Winning a frisbee at the Fido 500 show.
(14) Awesome Jake Owen concert
(15) A great week at the fair with my sissy.
(16) Running into my hair lady CC who used to do my hair.
(17) Cherry cola taffy from my fave taffy shop in Estes. Thanks to a sweet lady from church who brought it to me!!
(18) Awesome PLN
(19) Running into KD at the fair
(20) Seeing EG at the fair
(21) The sweet child who came up for the children’s sermon even though she was the only one today.
(22) Real food instead of fair food