1.So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog? The name of my blog comes from the fact that I grew up in Western ND where there is lots of wide open prairies. There are times that I crave the prairie and feel like my faith is also sometimes like the prairies (if that makes any sense at all).
2.Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there? I guess there are a few. Silly is the camp director who hired me to work at Super Awesome Bible Camp and is probably one of the main reasons I ended up at seminary. Silly is also a play on his last name. Sonflower Child is one of my best friends from camp who when she was little got lost in a sunflower field hence she began seeing herself as a Son Follower….SonFlower! 🙂 Then there is the Wartburg Crew which is basically my crew of friends from the MotherShip. There are many others but am not thinking of them all at the moment.
3.What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun? You know there are so many I read. I like my friend Stumbling enjoy New. Now in Lutheran Flavor! I also am fond of many others too though!
4.What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals blog of course! All of my friends even though I dont always comment. Other than that, cant really think of any others.
5. Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why? Probably my friends from seminary.
Bonus question: Have you ever met any of your blogging friends? Where are some of the places you’ve met these fun folks? Other than the friends Ive known before they started a blog, I really havent met any others. Oh wait. I did just meet T over at trishyblogblog.blogspot.com after she started her blog when I visited the Mothership. That was cool!
It seems like forever since I last posted. Recently I went on a mission trip with youth from church. We were in the Biloxi/Gulfport Mississippi area. It is hard to imagine how hard these towns were hit by Hurricane Katrina until you see it. A lot of families are still living in FEMA trailers. We helped paint homes, sheetrock, etc. We heard lots of stories about Katrina. These pics are from some of the sites we saw. The boardwalk was completely wiped out. It was such an amazing experience. Other than that, nothing much is happening. Just keeping busy. Tomorrow I leave for vacation for a week. Im going to visit one of my best friends from seminary. Its been like two years since we’ve seen each other last. It should be a good time and I should be able to catch up with some other seminary friends too. Hope you all are having a great summer and see you in a week.
1. Did you go to sleep away camp, or day camp, as a child? Wish you could? Or sometimes wish you hadn’t? I went to Bible camp when I was a little bit older. It was quite the experience.
2. How about camping out? Dream vacation, nightmare, or somewhere in between?
I must admit I love camping out. There is just something about being out in God’s creation.Some of my best memories are from camping out with friends from Bible Camp etc.
3. Have you ever worked as a camp counselor, or been to a camp for your denomination for either work or pleasure? Absolutely. I worked at a Bible camp for like seven summers. It was an amazing experience and is probably why I ended up at seminary. I wouldnt trade that experience for anything in the world.
4. Most dramatic memory of camp, or camping out? I would probably say that one of my memories from camp was when I was a camper. I went to Canoe camp and there was an odd number of people so I ended up canoing with one of the counselors. He got out of the boat to pull it up when we got to our camp site. For some reason, the boat tipped and I got soaked! I will never forget that!
5. What is your favorite camp song or songs? Bonus points if you link to a recording or video. I have so many favorites but if I had to pick, Id say “Once Again” by Matt Redman. It is one of my faves and we always sang it when doing our faith walks so it just seemed to hit home more. I like camp songs but there are a few that I can only take so much of because they just stick in my head FOREVER!