It’s time for the monthly linkup of what I’ve learned over the past month. One never stops learning.
(1) One is never too old to act like a kid! Mickey Mouse, Roller coasters, lots of laughter and so much more. While in Anaheim for the ELCA Youth Ministry Network Extravaganza, my friends and I spent Super Bowl Sunday at Disneyland. It was my first ever Disney anything experience. I laughed so much and got my picture taken with Mickey Mouse.
(2) Writing a book is hard, hard work. But I believe will be totally worth it. I’m thankful for an editor friend who agreed to read my first couple of chapters and give me some thoughts. I believe he is helping make this book better. Some days I really want to write but other days it is so hard to write.
(3) Seven years is way too long to not see a dear friend, but good friends pick up right where they left off. My dear friend Liz and I hadn’t seen each other for seven years. We were dear friends at seminary. It was a joy to see and spend time with her. We spent hours hanging out and it felt like we had been together the weeks before. We picked up right where we left off. And I already miss this friend!
(4) Blue Apron is my new favorite way to make meals for myself. My friend CT introduced me to this company. I helped her make a meal. Then she shared one of her free meals with me. I got my first box free and am now getting a box weekly. This company sends fresh ingredients that you cook with. I feel so grown-up making these meals. And I am eating healthier too!
(5) As an adult, not being chosen for the team still hurts! Oh how true this is. As a middle and junior high student, I hated being picked last but I often was. I know that my words have valuable. But when I wasn’t chosen for one of my fave writers launch teams and everyone else around me seemed like was, I indeed felt hurt!
(6) Coloring is still a great stress reliever even as an adult. Yep…I bought myself an adult coloring book and awesome colored pencils. It’s a great way to end the day and is totally a fantastic stress reliever.
(7) North Dakota is an incredible place to be!!! It is a place where communities come together in the midst of senseless tragedy. It is a place where violence is often overshadowed by love for one another. North Dakota is my home. It is a place that will always have my heart. It is a place where the beauty of the prairies is breathtaking and soul filling. It is a place where the sky is as far and wide as the eye can see. But most of all, the people of the ND are amazing caring loving people. In the midst
of a senseless tragedy, they came together in ways that are amazing. (Read more Honoring A Man in Blue)
I’m linking up with Emily and What I’ve Learned, Holly and Testimony Tuesday, Kelly and the RaRa linkup, Jennifer and Tell His Story, and Holley and Coffee for your Heart: