I spent the morning and afternoon volunteering for one of my favorite organizations; Special Olympics ND….so just getting around to playing now.
For today’s Friday Five, share five occasions
or events in your life that have been turning points…when you have felt like a
new thing was being born. You can refer to the birth of children, career, your
kitchen garden, or whatever moves you.
(1) Working at SuperAwesomeBibleCamp. I graduated on a Sun and began working at camp on a Tuesday. It was the worst interview but they still hired me. And then they couldnt get rid of me…7 summers I worked there. It is the first place I openly talked about my mom’s struggle with mental illness.
(2) Going to seminary. So glad I went to seminary and got my MA degree. I made the greatest friends there. They are all blessings in my life.
(3) Graduating from seminary. Seminary was not the easiest journey but I still stuck with it. When I got my diploma, it was such a wonderful joy-filled moment. Thankful for all those who supported me on this journey.
(4) My Consecration as a Diaconal Minister in the ELCA. 🙂
(5) Starting my job at DLC (my current call) I have been and continued to be so blessed by this community of faith. I have learned so much from my colleague at DLC.