I am linking up with Emily Freeman’s monthly link-up today. You can check out all the posts over at Emily’s Place.
(1) It is so much fun to find new clothing lines. Thanks to my friend Lindy for introducing me to LuluRoe. I am so excited to try out my leggings. I also will be purchasing a dress or skirt.
(2) Even.If.Not has become one of my new favorite phrases penned by my blog friend Kaitlyn. I am on her launch team and am so excited for all of you to read her book. Even If Not: Living, Loving, and Learning in the in Between will be released in early 2016. For more information, click here!
(3) Time with dear friends is so so good for the soul! Lunch with KG, coffee with CT, Beer and Hymns with EG and AH. We need to take time to gather around the table more often friends!
(4) We need to find a cure for cancer! I know this isn’t news to anyone. But too many individuals have been taken way too soon. My friend Laura completed her Baptismal journey yesterday. My heart breaks for Laura’s daughters who have now lost both of their parents to cancer. Two weeks ago, our local Taco John’s held a fundraiser for a young wife and mother who was battling cancer. She passed away two days after her fundraiser. And it seems that more and more people are being diagnosed with cancer.
(5) Thanksgiving with the family is the best! Love spending time with my family especially as my grandparents age. Good food, great conversation, competitive Rook games, lots of laughter and so much more!
(6) The gift of community! I especially have noticed it in the last 24 hours. Voxes, Tweets, Facebook messages and the list goes on. In the words of my friend Sally, it feels like one giant cyber hug. And my friends, that is a perfect description. As the Wartburg Seminary community grieves, near and far, there is power in knowing that we do not grieve alone but together.
(7) Peppermint lattes, hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, vanilla egg nog….oh the goodness! I love this time of the year. There is something about curling up under blankets with a hot beverage in hand.
(8) I am a champion chili maker! I repeated as the Lutheran Campus Ministry chili feed champ which is voted on by local officials. This year it was local cops; last year fire men!
(9) Sometimes we just have to reward ourselves for completing a goal/challenge. I bought myself a new tshirt AND tank top for finishing the Write 31 Days challenge. I couldn’t decide so I rewarded myself with two items!
(10) Pinterest isn’t always a fail! I led the Family SS activities two weeks in a row. And the cute cupcake liner angels from Pinterest were not an EPIC FAIL. In fact, they turned out rather cute.
I would love to try some of your chili! We make cornbread to go with ours. Yum!
I would love to have you come over to my house for chili. The winning recipe is a taco chicken chili recipe! Yum indeed! I'll make the chili, you bring the cornbread!
I'm with Lynette! Chili time lady, we're all comin' to your house haha. I'll bring the pasta (we serve it like Cincy chili…7 ways or more if we can think of it, it goes on top.
Oh how I would love to have you all come to my house. At the chili feed, someone made Cincy chili or something very similar to it. I had never heard of that before.
I love peppermint mocha lattes and hot chocolate also with peppermint. LOL Guess I just love chocolate and peppermint! There's nothing better than chili on a cold day. I'd love to try some of yours 🙂 Have a great week! Blessings and comfort to you!
Gayl, you and I are kindred spirits when it comes to chocolate and peppermint…my fave combo too! Yep nothing better than chili on a cold day. And here in ND, we enjoy lots of chili during those cold winter months. I would love for you to try some of my chili. The winning recipe is a Taco Chicken Chili recipe. Have a great week too! And blessings to you too!
Congrats on being the champion of chili! I made a big pot last week and we just finished the last of it yesterday, so good!
Congratulations on your chili prowess! I'm inpressed! And I totally agree about the peppermint lattes (I add a dash of cayenne pepper to mine ;)) and needing to find the cure to cancer. I've been praying for you, my friend!
Cayenne pepper huh? Can't say I've eve tried that. And all the yeses to finding a cure for cancer. Thanks for the prayers.
Those peppermint lattes sound delicious.
They are so yummy!