Hi Friends! Glad to be back here blogging again. Had a great time with my family over Christmas! Looking back over the past year…these are the top ten blog posts here at Praying on the Prairie. Enjoy!
(10) A Broken Heart—“For I am sure that neither death nor life…nor anything else…will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus” I read these words and I know that they are true. Yet at times like this when we hear of another school shooting, I find myself having a hard time trusting in them….
(9) Being Brave—What am I doing? Yep that is the thought that is swirling in my head today as I begin day one of the #write31days challenge. I have blogged for a month on my blog before but never on one single topic. And the topic that I am choosing to write on for my first time is not an easy topic to talk about either….
(8)Still Waiting For My Happily Ever After—“Happily ever after”. As a little girl, that is how all those fairytales I watched seemed to end. The princess always seemed to find her Prince Charming. The bad guy always seemed to be defeated and the good guy always seemed to come out on top…
(7) Dear Grief—Dear grief, You find a way into my head and my heart especially during this holiday season…
(6) A Season of Singleness—This is not at all how I imagined my life! Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to be a mom. My sister and I would play with our Cabbage Patch dolls. We would spend hours playing with our dolls and caring for them like a mother cares for her child/children…
(5) Breaking the Silence—“I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown. I
cannot begin to tell you how these ten words grate on my nerves. For me it is
like fingernails on a chalkboard. I want to turn to the person who ignorantly has
said them and reply with “No, you don’t want to. I can tell you all about what it is like”…..
(4) My First Ever Guest Post—Hi friends! I am participating in my first ever
guest post today…
(3) 31 Days On—My friend Anna who blogs at Girl with Blog introduced me to the
31 Days challenge which was started at the Nesting Place. The idea is to blog for 31
days straight on one topic. Wooo….31 days on one single topic. That’s a lot of writing…
but for some reason, I was feeling especially compelled to try it this year….
(2) Out of the Pit—“Keep in touch with it because it is at those moments of pain where
you are most open to the pain of other people – most open to your own deep places. Keep in touch with those sad times because…..
(1) Sunday Blessings #18—Talking to a dear friend on messenger from my previous congregation; That same friend telling me how hard it is to fill my shoes. (Made me feel good)….