I really am not that lucky of a person. I have put my name in many times, but have never really had my name drawn except this one time. My friend SKDO and I were at Hobby Lobby for a scrapbooking event. We both registered our names. We were walking through the store when SKDO looked at me and said, “I think they just said your name over the intercom.” We went back to the area and sure enough they had drawn my name. I won a scrapbooking basket that had approximately $50 worth of scrapbooking supplies. I told SKDO that she must be my lucky charm! 🙂 Being that I am not that lucky of a person, when I get accolades from someone it truly makes me feel really good.
I am honored that my new #write31 days friend Barbara who blogs at Barbara’s Blog nominated me for a very special award; the One Lovely Blog Award. She wrote this about me, “Theresa and Tara have followed my blog since the beginning of the write 31 challenge. I have been encouraged to continue writing during the whole 31 days because of their uplifting and supportive comments.” I am so glad that she has felt encouraged from my comments. I also (as a fairly new blogger) am humbled that Barbara nominated me for this award.
As part of the award, I am to post seven facts about myself so you can get to know me a little better. So here goes nothing….
(1) I am a published poet. I have had several poems published in my seminary’s publication. I also have had a poem published in the poetry.com poetry anthology.
(2) I only have two first cousins and we are all girls born on the third of a month; June, January and September 3rd. My sister came along and broke the trend. We have decided she wanted to start a new trend though; both her and our dad were born on the 26th of a month; August and September.
(3) My absolute favorite color is GREEN! When my friends and I go shopping, they always spot green clothing items and will wait to see how long it takes for me to find it.
(4) I LOVE cinnamon gummy bears!
(5) I am a HUGE Nebraska Cornhuskers fan! My mom’s family is from Nebraska and my sister and I were both born in Nebraska. The day my Mom was in labor with me, my dad, the doctor (a dear family friend) and my Grandpa were talking about the big game they had played that day. I always joke that I was destined to be a Huskers fan since it was the first thing I heard when I came out! My best friend gave me a stuffed Herbie the Husker (which is special to me since Mandy passed away several years ago) and my mom had a homemade Husker quilt made for me.
(6) I worked at SuperAwesomeBibleCamp for approximately 7 summers. It is one of my favorite places in the world. It is located on the shores of Lake Sakakawea!
(7) I love babies!!! I could sit and cuddle with them all day long! I cannot wait to be a momma someday myself.
And now it is my turn to nominate some lovely blogs. This is so hard since I have gotten to meet so many wonderful people during the #write31days challenge. I am sorry if you get nominated twice my friends. Just know I don’t expect you to post twice! 🙂
Ingrid is one of the first people I met through her blog during the write31days. I have always felt so welcomed at Ingrid’s place. And I have loved every bit of her words!
Kirsten always posts blog posts that make me think. I honestly cannot get enough of her words either!
Therese was also nominated by Barbara but I had to give her a shout-out. I feel like I have known Therese for a lot longer than I have known her. Her #write31 days was all about her journey with depression. I am thankful for her bravery in sharing her story.
Anna is one of the sweetest women that I know. She isn’t afraid to share her heart. I met Anna when her and her husband were working at one of my fave places in the world. Even though the miles seperate us, I am so very thankful for Anna’s heart and her words. Love you dear sister in Christ!
Erin is a young lady I am glad to have met through the write31 days challenge. She is a beautiful soul and I love her words!
Stephanie and Jermaine (husband and wife) also participated in the #write31 days. As a poet, it was so fun to find their blog. I cannot wait to see what their next project is. I am thankful to be on this journey with these two beautiful souls.
Dana is this amazing woman of Christ. I feel like I have known her a lot longer than these 31 days as well. I love Dana’s heart. I first met Dana through one of her Sunday posts where she shared her heart through her music. It was so beautiful! I love that Dana is always willing to encourage me. I love that we have been getting to know each other better by voxing with one another. God brings people into our lives at the right times and at the right places. I feel that way about our friendship. Dana understands my heart and is, in so many ways, my dear soul sister!
Sarah is one of my dear friends. She recently returned to blogging after being away for a little while after having her first child. Sarah and I worked at SuperAwesomeBibleCamp together. Sarah is a dear friend and I am so happy to see her blogging again. Miss you friend!
Julia is a diaconal sister who I am so blessed to have in my life. I always enjoy reading her blog.
Well I think that will be my nominations. I seriously could nominate so many more! But I don’t want this blog post to get too long. Please stop by and give these ladies some comment love!
I am so very thankful for each and every one of them (and each of you!) I am so glad you all have allowed me to stand on your “holy ground.” LOVE YOU GALS!!