1. What’s your best homemade treat? Is it worth all the effort? (It doesn’t have to be something canned. ) Really anything pumpkin..pumpkin pancakes, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumkin Streusel Muffins (YUM!!!)
2. At our house, applesauce and football are the harbingers of fall. What are they at your house? Again anything Pumpkin, the return of my fave tv shows, college football; Nebraska football as a matter of fact. GO BIG RED!!!
3. Someone gave me an “automatic” apple peeler from one of those home cooking product shows. (It doesn’t work all that great.) What’s one kitchen contraption or tool you’d gladly trade me for it? Hmmm…I cant think of anything.
4. Whose the best chef in your home? Why? Me since its only me! 😛
5. Cider, apple juice, or hard cider? Discuss. Actually all of these! Hot Cider on a cold day is fantastic. And I love hard cider. Its usually my drink of choice.
BONUS: Recipes! You know we love ‘em!
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins: (Thanks to my friend Sarah at EveryDayHoly for this recipe several years ago)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons milk