I am sitting here listening to the news and my heart is just sad. The death of Glee star Corey Monteith, the verdict in the Treyvon Martin case, a local special needs man having his bike stolen (twice). I can’t help but be sad yet there is so much to be thankful for so instead of dwelling on the sadness I am going to list at least ten things that I am thankful for today.
(1) Getting to hold an infant at church
(2) Preaching the Word…of course, with the help of the Holy Spirit
(3) Camp of the Cross Ministries (especially this week as my momma gets to be there)
(4) My dear friends and family
(5) Sending some real mail to dear friends in my life
(6) My home and my job
(7) That a friend and her family finally have found a church home where they feel like its home!
(8) A cooler day
(9) That my sister is having fun on her trip
(10) Being excited and looking forward to the Diaconal Ministry gathering and getting to see dear DM sisters and brothers. Wednesday cannot come soon enough!
Well that’s a start…I think I may make this a weekly practice.
What are ten blessings in your life this week?
Hope you’ve had a blessed Sunday my friends!