For this Friday Five, what makes you smile? Remembering that Meister Eckhart said that if you pray “thank you” that that is enough of a prayer, share with us five things, memories, or activities that bring you smiles and gratitude.
1. One of my favorite memories is when I was going to seminary at the Castle. My good friends and I headed to the Field of Dreams for the Day. The guys, my friend L and I decided to go through the corn maze. L and I went off one way and the boys went off the other way. Next thing we know the boys decided to scare us and attack us with corn stalks. I remember laughing all the way back to Dbq! (There are so many stories from seminary days that put a smile on my face…visiting in Milwaukee, Ocktober fests, going on a road trip with my friend H, and so many more)
2. Holding a baby or spending time with my fave infants always puts a smile on my face. I LOVE BABIES…and can’t wait to be a mama!
3. My Consecration as a Diaconal Minister in the ELCA. My sister was teaching in AZ and told me that she wasn’t able to come. She surprised me and came to the consecration. Two of my best friends drove through the night, arriving at my dads at 1 am, just so they could be there to share in this special day. It was such a holy day and I was surrounded by so many wonderful friends and family who walked with me on this journey.
4. SuperAwesomeBibleCamp ALWAYS puts a smile on my face! It is the place that nurtured me into the woman of faith that I am today! I have so many great memories of that place.
5. Lutheran Academy of the Rockies —hiking in the Rockies, meeting wonderful new people, learning, etc!