1. Grammatical pet peeve-okay so Im a grammar freak since my minor is English. But what especially annoys me is the inproper use of words like there, their, they’re etc. I also get annoyed when people finish their sentences in prepositions. Sorry all but since my minor is English, I can often be the grammer police…sorry.
2. Household pet peeve-Since its just me, I am having a hard time with this one but I must say people who leave the toilet rolls empty. I also hate it when toothpaste is left in the sink. I also hate cleaning bathrooms. Oh yeah and when Im at my dads or when I have visitors, I hate it when they leave empty containers in the fridge.
3. Arts & Entertainment pet peeve (movie theaters, restaurants, concerts)-I agree with many of you on this one. I get annoyed when people use their cell phones during movies. I also get annoyed by teenagers making rude noises etc during a movie. And being an actress myself, I get annoyed when people use cameras during a show even though they are asked not too. It is hard to move on the stage when you are blinded by flash.
4. Liturgical pet peeve-For me its readers that read the lessons with no word emphasis, emotion, etc. Other than that, I cant really think of anything else at the moment.
5. Wild card–pet peeve that doesn’t fit any of the above categories-Okay so this pet peeve has to do with an issue Ive dealt with all my life and I hope people understand why its a pet peeve to me. My pet peeve is when people say, “Im going to have a nervous breakdown.” That is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Since my mom did have a nervous breakdown, this phrase always gets me. I always want to say to them do you know what its really like to have a nervous breakdown. (I hope I dont offend anyone by this pet peeve. Its just truly how I feel)
Bonus: Because all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God: What do YOU do that others might consider a pet peeve? okay so Im definetely aware of my faults. Instead of being late, I am usually extremely early. Since going to seminary, Ive also become a little bit of a procrastinator. As my friend M likes to say, Ive learned to master the dow of the slacker. As my friends also know first hand, I am very bad at making decisions. I always make everyone else make the decisions. Im extremely bad at directions. I always have people tell me left or right when I am trying to get from point A to point B. Im sure there are more but Im going to err on the side of grace for now.