So the next person to come to this blog will be my 20,000 visitor. Pretty cool. 🙂
1. What “road” is in your immediate future? I will be heading home to my hometown in about a month for our towns 125th celebration. I will be visiting family, seeing old classmates, etc. I also hope someday that my road leads to Mr. Right and a family.
2. Where have you been “traveling” a lot lately — and are you going back there? I really haven’t been traveling a lot lately. Hopefully I will get to do some traveling this summer. I just realized that my latest blog post was about a road I travel often and how I paid more attention to it this week as MN passed the Freedom to Marry act.
3. Who are your fellow travelers? Most of the time it’s just me and some good music to jam out too when I’m traveling. But on the road of life, I am traveling it with my family, mom, dad, sister, stepmom, grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc.
4. Who are the unintentional companions (or hitchhikers) that you find on the road with you? I cant think of any at the moment. Perhaps those that read my blog, those that I meet along the way, etc!
5. As a family, we always recite “the traveler’s prayer” — a tongue-in-cheek petition as we pull out of the driveway (“Lord, whatever we have forgotten, may it not be important!”) What have you forgotten lately, and did it matter? I haven’t forgotten anything lately. So nope it didn’t matter.
BONUS: Share a photo of a road you’ve traveled. Or of traveling companions who have made the journey special. Or perhaps there’s a song or another poem that suits your journey. If so, please share! Some of my favorite trips have been with friends. Traveling to Iowa for our friend’s wedding with my friend C as we jammed out to some good ol’ Mumford and Sons; stopping at one of our fave holy ground spaces. Also traveling through Arkansas-Oklahoma-Kansas with my friend H as we visited some of her family and some of my family. Going to Milwaukee with my friends L and M during seminary.
|Top Photo: A Place Good for My Soul
Bottom Photo: My friend C and I at our friend’s wedding last October