What are 5 perks/gifts of ministry for you?
1. For me, one of them is spending time and getting to know all the generations of the church. I love spending time with my youth. I love leading devotions with my Tuesday morning devotion group with ladies who are all over the age of 60.
2. Getting to travel; taking youth on mission trips, going to continuing education events, etc.
3. As the first Diaconal Minister, I would say a perk for me is getting to educate others about the roster. I probably never would have put this in this category but the more I think about it, it makes sense. I love sharing my story about being called to the DM roster of the ELCA!
4. A Somewhat flexible schedule. I spend a lot of time at the church but when I put in long hours, its nice to know that I dont have to rush back to the church the next morning right away.
5. Im a writer so preaching is a joy. However I definetely am not called to be a pastor and dont want to do it every week so a perk for me is preaching once a month. Just perfect for me!