What a great way to celebrate my 265th post! Another Friday Five!
1. What is your sweetest summer memory from childhood? Did it involve watermelon or hand cranked ice cream? Or perhaps a teen summer romance. Which stands out for you? You know for me I have two memories from childhood that I remember. First, I remember sitting on the curb in front of our house with my mom and sister eating watermelon and spitting out the seeds onto the street. I also remember many warm summer days at the pool with our neighbors. The pool would only open if there was five of us so the four of us would go find and friend so the pool would open for us. I loved spending the summer days cooling off at the pool.
2. Describe your all time favorite piece of summer clothing. The one thing you could put on in the summer that would seem to insure a cooler, more excellent day. You know for me its a pair of shorts or capris and light tanks or tshirts.
3. What summer food fills your mouth with delight and whose flavor stays happily with you long after eaten? There are so many! Sweet corn, watermelon and other summer fruits like peaches, etc. And of course ice cream in its various forms. Sno Cones etc! There are so many foods that I love enjoying in the summer months.
4. Tell us about the summer vacation or holiday that holds your dearest memory. Family vacations hold dear memories for me. But my mission trip with the youth from my church this summer is going to be one of my dearest memories as well. It was such an experience to help the people of Biloxi and that area continue to rebuild from Katrina. Also my trip this summer to see my seminary friend was fun too!
5. Have you had any experience(s) this summer that has drawn you closer to God or perhaps shown you His wonder in a new way? Absolutely. Its hard to put into words what I saw during our mission trip. Those kids were changed in ways beyond what I ever imagined. What an amazing experience!
Bonus question: When it is really hot, humid and uncomfortable, what do you do to refresh and renew body and spirit? Swim, swim, swim! Relax with a good book in some nice air conditioning or enjoy something ice cold! But mostly I just like to live in the water when it’s hot, humid, and uncomfortable!