1) Do you remember your first best friend? What did you do together? Are they still in your life? The first best friend I remember is my friend Mandy. We met in like first grade. She was a couple years older than me and had had a kidney transplant and missed a lot of school. We hit it off. Unfortunately she had health problems and is now up in heaven. It will be two years ago in Oct. I miss her!
2) Did you ever have to move away or have your best friend move away from you?
Hmmmm yes. I was born in NE and when we moved to ND, I had to move away from some of my best friends. Also in seminary, I had to move away from some of my bestest friends. I miss them a lot!
3) Are there people in your life now that you can call ‘friend’?
Absolutely! Some of my camp friends. My seminary friends definetely. My seminary friends will always hold a special place in my heart. I miss them and know I can turn to them about anything. Thank you Stumbling, L, Mac, Nature Boy, SKDO, and the list goes on and on! Also my best friend Sonflower Child. She too will always hold a special place in my heart.
4) What are some of your favorite things to do with your friends?
Hang out, go to movies/concerts, have coffee, etc etc
5) What is a gift friendship has given you?
Being for there for me in the midst of lifes challenges and joys! Im so blessed to have so many wonderful friends in my life!
Wow, it's hard stuff to lose a friend from so long ago I bet…at least for a time. I'd love to just talk to some of the ones who have gone beyond the door to the next world just for a little while. (something helped me on that from a Beth Nielson Chapman album–sand and stone or…)