I dont remember most of my dreams so Im going to try my best to answer this week’s Friday Five.
Tell us all about:
1) a dream you remember from childhood: The one dream I remember from childhood was this one were a bunch of friends and I were outside playing and a big tornado came up so we all hopped in the back of a pickup and tried to outrun the tornado. We picked up important people in our lives along the way to help them escape
2) a recurring or significant dream: I actually cannot think of a recurring or significant dream that took place. However when I worked at camp, I was always concerned about my campers safety etc. I remember several times where I would dream of a homesick camper or a camper crying and would wake up to that actually happening.
3) a nightmare: I havent really had any scary dreams. However there is this scary man who comes to our church sometimes because his mom belongs to our church. The weird thing is he will come in with a suit on just as church is getting out and will head into the fellowship hall to retreive some food. Recently I had a dream that he came into the church when I was there a lone. It was scary. (And know that when I am at the church alone, especially at night, I lock the door to my office)
4) a favorite daydream: Lately my favorite daydreams are of the fun times I had at seminary. I daydream that we are all together again etc.
5) a dream for the New Year: Ok so this may be lame but Im at a time in my life when I truly feel I am ready to settle down. I know it will happen in God’s timing but sometimes that isnt so easy to wait for. My dream in 2007 is to meet a great guy and start a solid relationship. Another dream is that I will be able to attend my 10 year high school reunion and will be able to catch up with some old friends.
And as an added bonus-a memorable dream that someone has had about you: My friend Heather had a dream one time where these bad guys were out to get her and a bunch of our other friends but I came in as a superhero and saved them. I was tearing off windows, etc. I basically had super powers. It is a dream that makes me smile and laugh because I dont know that Id ever have the strength to take down some big monster but I guess it just means that I will protect those I love and care for!