Dante had Virgil as a guide. Before he had younger siblings, my oldest child had an imaginary friend named Patrick. Betsy had Tacy. Laura Ingalls depended on her brindle bulldog, Jack. All of them were companions on the way.As we take the beginning steps of our journey through Lent, who would we take as a companion? Name five people, real or imaginary, you might like to have with you as guide or guardian or simply good friend.
1. Well for starters, Id have to say my crew from the Mothership (for those of you that dont know that is the term we lovingly call our seminary). We used to hang out together all the time and just enjoyed each others company. Even though the miles still seperate us, I still consider them my dearest friends. Its funny because I remember a conversation we had way back when about how we probably wouldnt be friends if we had met on any other circumstances. These dear friends have been there for me and we’ve had some delightful times together.
2. My sister. We used to fight like cats and dogs when we were younger but we’ve really grown closer to each other over the years. And since my sister and I love cats, I would definetely have to bring along her cat Oreo. We would all have so much fun together.
3. Of course Jesus. I havent done anything without him. I know that he is always here and has always been here for me so I think I definetely would like to have him along. I think we could have some interesting conversations together. Im sure Id ask lots of questions.
4. Musician Friend from Super Awesome Bible Camp. This gentlemen is someone Im so glad to have met. In so many ways, he is like the brother I never had. He also is a very talented musician that I enjoy listening to perform. There is this one song that I make him sing every time I see him. Im not even sure that this man knows how much he means to me! He is a guy who has been there for me during some rather difficult times.
5. Last but not least is definetely all the wonderful friends I made at Super Awesome Bible Camp specifically Sonflower Child. Sonflower Child is a dear friend who I treasure dearly. Her and I are so much alike…its kind of scary. She is someone who I will always count on and I know she expects the same of me. Besides Sonflower Child, there are many others from Super Awesome Bible Camp that Im glad are my friends. That place brought so many people into my life and I treasure each and every one of those friendships. Also since we worked at Bible Camp, I think it definetely would be fun to travel with all of them. It could be quite an adventure!