Since I just got a Kindle for Christmas,these were so fun to answer. I love reading but its been so much fun again with my Kindle.
1. What books have you recently read? Tell us your opinion of them. I read Charles Dicken’s Great Expecations and Jodi Picoult’s House Rules. I love a Christmas Carol but I must admit Great Expectations was hard to get through at times and probably wasnt my favorite. However I still enjoyed it. House Rules was awesome. I enjoy anything by Jodi Picoult and this was no exception! I’m currently readng Say You’re One of Them. Im not far enough into the book to really give an opinion yet!
2. What books are awaiting your available time to be read? I have so many and even have a wish list started on my Kindle. Jodi Picoult’s The Pact and Second Glances, The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, The Time Traveler’s Wife, The Pillars of the Earth, Nathan Coulter and Remembering by Wendell Berry.
3. Have any books been recently recommended? Yeppers! Both Say You’re One of Them and Pillars of the Earth were recommended by a good friend. One of my church youth recommended Jodi Picoult’s The Pact to me.
4. What genre of books are your favorite, along with some titles and/or authors you like best? I love everything! But some of my faves include Jodi Picoult, Wendell Berry, Danielle Steele, and many many more.
5. What have you read lately that you have a strong urge to recommend? (or to condemn?) “Captivating” by John and Stasi Eldridge is awesome. A great book for any woman. Its a Christian book just for woman and how woman should look at themselves. Its been fun to read. I havent agreed with everything in the book but has really made me look at myself as a woman in a new light. “House Rules” is worth the read too especially if you like Jodi Picoult.
Thanks for all the recommendations. I'll be looking those up soon.
Hi, Tara! I, too, love Jodi Picoult! "House Rules" is the most recent one of hers that I've read and, having a child with Asperger's myself, I could esp. relate to it — though the saying that "if you know one person w/ Asperger's… you know ONE person w/ Asperger's" was borne out in this book. The boy's more extreme tendencies are not ones we've experienced in our household — thank goodness.
I'd love to know what you think of your Kindle! Have you tried subscribing to any periodicals? My fear is… even if I scrounged up the $ to buy one, I wouldn't have any left to buy the stuff to put ON it!! But it sure is tempting….
Take care– Heidi