1. What is your earliest memory of school? My earliest memory of school was meeting my best friend Mandy. Mandy is a couple years older than me but had been held back because she had a kindey transplant. I tried to cheer up and soon we became very close friends. My other memory was having to retake kindergarten. Because my bday is Sept 3, I had already started school in Nebraska because the deadline was the 4th. In ND, the deadline was the first so they called state and they let me start but really I probably should have just waited a year.
2. Who was a favorite teacher in your early education? Hmmm my fave teacher was probably Mrs. K. She was just a joy and a delight to be around! I learned so much from her!
3. What do you remember about school “back then” that is different from what you know about schools now? Lets see schools are probably more apt to wait for students to start if there bdays are close to the deadline. I also think schools have become more intentionally about teaching certain classes especially in the older classes.
4. Did you have to memorize in school? If so, share a poem or song you learned. Im sure I did have to memorize but I dont remember what it was!
5. Did you ever get in trouble at school? Were there any embarrassing moments you can share? I was usually a pretty good child so I didnt get into trouble too often and if I did it was probably for talking to much while the teacher was talking or something like that. When I was in Kindergarten, I wet my pants during recess and that was a very embarrassing moment for me!