1. Do you have a favorite piece of art in your home? Was it made by you or someone you love? Was it a gift or something you decided to purchase? I have so many favorite pieces of art in my home. Most of them have been gifts! One of my favorites is a wall hanging that some ladies in my apartment building bought me when I moved away. The building I lived in was mostly older ladies. They gave me this beautiful piece its a vase with branches coming out of the vase with a couple of birds in the branches. It reminds me of all of them. A few of them have since past away so the birds remind me of them! Another is a collage of pictures from when my sister, my cousins and I were little. It used to hang about my grandparents bed but they have both since passed away. I have it hanging above my bed. The frame needs to be replaced but I have a hard time even having someone take care of this precious piece to me! My aunt also created this painting that she made…its a picture of our family. I love that she made it. And its even more special since my parents are now divorced. It hangs in my moms room at the nursing home she lives at.
2. What do you think of the the art in your place of worship? Does it enhance the worship experience? Would you add to it, take away from it, or otherwise change it? The stained glass in our sanctuary is spectacular. I really do think it enhances our worship space. I really wouldnt change anything about our worship space.
3. What public art have you loved– or hated? I cant think of anything off the top of my head!
4. What piece of art (famous, infamous, personal, or very, very well known masterpiece) speaks to your soul? I’m a poet so the words of the Psalms and Proverbs have always spoke to me and held a special place in my heart!
5. When is the last time you created something beautiful, just for you? Hmmm…I had to think about this one for awhile. I guess the last time I made something for myself was when I made myself a photo book for some summer pictures!
wow, I esp love your #!–do you have pics of any of those items? And you remind me I need to make a photo book or two; thanks for playing!