1. How are you? What’s up with you? I am good. I had my wisdom teeth pulled on Monday so I didn’t go into work until Wed. I am thankful that my experience was a good one and that I wasn’t in much pain. I am excited to start our 3 year old Prayer and 3rd Grade Bible milestones this week. I am looking forward to our rostered leaders retreat Sun-Tuesday of this next week.
2. Last Saturday, I went to the outlet store and stocked up on underwear for the year. I love a bunch of new fresh underdrawers! I also love a cabinet full of paper towels. What silly thing makes you happy? Hmmm….Cinnamon gummy bears make me happy. New k-cups for my Kuerig. It seems like I am always trying new ones and I really don’t need new ones because I still havent finished the other ones I’ve tried.
3. Give a shout out to someone you love, appreciate, or want to thank! All my awesome friends and family. They are true blessings in my life! (Check out my blog post from a few days ago)
4. Miss Kansas has the Serenity Prayer tatooed on the side of her body. I sadly do not have a tatoo, and maybe you do, but if you were going to get a prayer tatooed on the side of your body, what would it be? I don’t think I will ever get a tattoo but if I did. I would probably put on the words “Psalm 30.” Psalm 30 holds a special place in my heart…and it would be a way to share and remember the story. When my friends Renee, Jon, and Ben were in Haiti during the earthquake, I was at the Diaconal Ministry formation event. My small group led worship on the day that we found out that Ben had died. We had Ben’s version of Psalm 30 playing as people entered into worship that day. “You turn our mourning into dancing.”
5. Use some or all or a form of the following words in a sentence: jello, kittens, mercy, dump-truck, tabuleh, terror, skipping, monkey, Rev. , health, and snoring. The skipping monkey ate jello with the kittens as the dump-truck drove by and saw the rev snoring under the tree.