My friend Susan at Hope Heart Home nominated me and Praying on the Prairie for the Liebster award. Susan and I met through the #write 31 days challenge, but more specifically, we both participated in the fourth round of the #fmfpartysnailmail and ended up on the same list! It was so fun to send real mail and get to know this wonderful lady through handwritten notes. We also both participate often in the Five Minute Friday over at Kate Motaung’s place.
The Liebster Award originated in Germany and it is an award given to bloggers, by bloggers, who don’t have a zillion followers. It’s a fun opportunity to get to know each other a little bit better.
The rules have been amended this time around and have a fun 31 days twist on them. (The strike throughs indicate the changes that were made for this round.) As my friend Melissa said, who has time to nominate 11 people; 5 though seems totally doable! 🙂
- Thank and link back to the person who nominates you.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominates you.
- Nominate 11 5 other bloggers with 200 followers or less big or small.
- Create 11 5 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know they’ve been nominated!
Here are the questions Susan asked:
If you could have been “on the scene” of any event in Jesus’ life here on earth, which one would you choose and why? Wow…that is a hard question to answer. I think it would have been really cool to be at the Last Supper and the foot-washing. I also think it would have been pretty incredible to be at his crucifixion and Resurrection. It would have been so hard but it would have been pretty incredible to come to the tomb and find it empty too.
What is your greatest challenge in your everyday walk as a believer? This one is pretty easy for me! Anyone who reads this here blog knows the deepest desires of my heart. There are days that I wonder if God hears them at all. And there are also days I am able to put all my trust in God.
Rooster or Owl? Totally owl! I bought my friend SM’s little girl Lucy the cutest owl outfit. I saw it and couldn’t NOT walk out of the store with it. I also have a stuffed owl on the dashboard of my car. My friend Melissa’s girls gave it to me as a going away present. I love it!
Weekend getaway with one favorite person – beachside or mountain chalet? Moutain chalet in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado! 🙂
It’s a snowy weekend. You can’t get out in the car. You opt for a good book or good movies? I love to read so I would probably chose a good book. But I must admit that lately I have been rather lazy about reading and would probably pick a good movie first! But the ideal day would be a mix of both; good movies and good books!
Now it is my turn to nominate five amazing women so here goes my five:
(1) Therese Moma at Tales from a Southern Catholic Momma
(2) My dear friend Sarah at Every Day Holy
(3) Faith at Sweet Violet
(4) Bethany at Riding on Abba’s Shoulders
(5) Dana at Dana Butler
My friends, if this isn’t your cup of tea, feel free to pass. But if you want to do this, that is awesome. Please be sure to link back to me. And here are your five questions:
(1) What brings you the most joy?
(2) If Jesus were to come to your house today, what would you serve?
(3) Since it has been so cold, I thought we would look towards summer. What is your favorite summer activity?
(4) Your fave Bible story or verse?
(5) What is the song that is continually on repeat these days?