Today’s Friday Five is an opportunity for you to list five of your favorite ‘go-to’ movies/tv shows/books. You can use images, links, explanations or netflix.
1. The movie “Rent” I have to watch that movie at least once a year. Im not sure what it is about that movie but something about the outcasts finding their place.
2. “Because of Winn Dixie” Such a feel good movie. When Im feeling down I like to watch this movie because it makes me feel so good. THe book is better but the movie is great too!
3. Any of the tv shows I grew up with–“Saved by the Bell,” “Boy meets World,” “Alf,” “Full House,” “ER,” “Friends” etc etc. Remind me of my childhood!
4. The Bible of course
5. “Dirty Dancing.”
1) Who is the first friend you remember from childhood? Probably my friend Mandy! We met when I was in 1st grade or so. She had had a kidney transplant and had been held back. I tried to be her friend. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding. We spent a lot of time together. I miss her! She passed away two years ago this month!
2) Have you ever received an unexpected gift from a friend? Yes!
3) Is there an old friend you wish you could find again? Or have you found one via social media or the Internet? I wish I could find my camp counselor again. I want to thank her and see what she is up to these days. I have reconnected several times via social media and the Internet with friends from college, camp, seminary, etc!
4) Do you like to get your good friends together in a group, or do you prefer your friends one on one? I like both!
5) Does the idea of Jesus as a friend resonate with you? YES!
It’s always so good for the soul to catch up with beloved friends. I did that with some camp friends tonight. It’s been wayyyy tooooo long!
I am so thankful for all the friends in my life! You are all such blessings! Love you all!
Earlier this last week, I found myself in Des Plaines, IL for the Diaconal Ministry Gathering of the ELCA. So good to be with beloved diaconal sisters and brothers. It was definetely a holy time in a holy place with holy people! Who would have ever thought that a year ago when the planning team planned the dates it would be during the time the ELCA would have to do major restructuring. I was reading my friend Mark’s blog the other day and he had some great thoughts about this situation. The darkness will not overcome. Christ will help us through this difficult time.
Being a Diaconal Minister in the ELCA hasn’t always been the easiest thing. However it seems to me we have made some huge strides. As I listened to some of our speakers this past week, I definetely came away feeling hopeful. I hope others came away feeling the same way!
I am thankful for the community of diaconal brothers and sisters! My life is so much richer for having each of you in my life. You each bring gifts that the body of Christ is enriched by! Thank you for simply being you and fulfilling the mission that Christ has placed upon your hearts and minds; your heart’s passion!
Im sitting here enjoying a cup of caramel hot chocolate and watching “Dancing with the Stars.” What a beautiful fall day it was today! Life around Moorhead is a little crazy and surreal these days. The Extreme Makeover:Home Edition team is in town building a home for a family. I drove by it a couple times today crazy. They moved the old house to give to another family in the F-M Community. Tonight when I drove by the build home, the cranes were going and I saw a sea of blue EM:HE tshirts! So surreal! I volunteered to help out on Thursday but apparently they are turning volunteers away because they have way toooo many volunteers! WOW! Ty Pennington said he was impressed with the number of volunteers who showed up. Im hoping to get to spectate a little sometime this week. In other news, I’m super excited to find that my local library has a writer’s group. Im going to check it out soon! Next weekend Ill be headed to the Chicago area for our Diaconal Ministry gathering. So looking forward to seeing my DM friends! Enjoy your week!