1) Datebooks–how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance? I usually keep track of them in my planner and on a calendar that hangs on the wall of my office. I usually try to plan at least a month ahead.
2) When was the last time you forgot an important date? I actually cannot think of the last important date that I have forgotten.
3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date? Never in my life. Yeah thats right and I am so ready to find Mr. Right!
4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.Probably my fave pair of dress pants.
5) Dates–the fruit–can’t live with ’em? Or can’t live without ’em? I actually could go either way with this fruit.
So I decided I wanted to try an experiment. I am running out of ideas for cooking meals for one. I love cooking but somedays its so hard and Im so tired so Im looking for some ideas for meals that are easy,good for singles, etc. Hope you all can help me out! Im excited to see what kind of ideas you all have! I might even give a shout out to my faves after Ive tried the ones you give me!
For this Friday’s Five, share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way.
1. Hopefully one of the transformations that will come this fall will be losing more weight. Ive been trying to transform myself for about a year and was doing well but then I hit that plateau and have been stuck there.
2. My job in a sense will incur some transformations since I have been here a year and now know what my job entails etc. It will be fun to make the milestone classes etc my own.
3. Another transformation is that my sister has moved closer to home since being away for about three years in a state about thousands of miles.
4. Another transformation is that hopefully I wont be moving at all this year. Seems like Ive been constantly moving over the last couple of years.
5. But the biggest transformation of all is that I will be leaving my twenties and entering my thirties. Thats right in a few weeks….I will be the big 3-0! Not sure how I feel about that or how it will affect me etc. Im in that time in my life where Im ready to settle down, start a family etc but no prospects in sight! 🙁 Oh well guess Ill see what the thirties bring me!
Bonus: Give us your favorite activity that is made possible by the arrival of fall.
Hmmm thats a hard one. I love watching the leaves and trees change colors.
What a great way to celebrate my 265th post! Another Friday Five!
1. What is your sweetest summer memory from childhood? Did it involve watermelon or hand cranked ice cream? Or perhaps a teen summer romance. Which stands out for you? You know for me I have two memories from childhood that I remember. First, I remember sitting on the curb in front of our house with my mom and sister eating watermelon and spitting out the seeds onto the street. I also remember many warm summer days at the pool with our neighbors. The pool would only open if there was five of us so the four of us would go find and friend so the pool would open for us. I loved spending the summer days cooling off at the pool.
2. Describe your all time favorite piece of summer clothing. The one thing you could put on in the summer that would seem to insure a cooler, more excellent day. You know for me its a pair of shorts or capris and light tanks or tshirts.
3. What summer food fills your mouth with delight and whose flavor stays happily with you long after eaten? There are so many! Sweet corn, watermelon and other summer fruits like peaches, etc. And of course ice cream in its various forms. Sno Cones etc! There are so many foods that I love enjoying in the summer months.
4. Tell us about the summer vacation or holiday that holds your dearest memory. Family vacations hold dear memories for me. But my mission trip with the youth from my church this summer is going to be one of my dearest memories as well. It was such an experience to help the people of Biloxi and that area continue to rebuild from Katrina. Also my trip this summer to see my seminary friend was fun too!
5. Have you had any experience(s) this summer that has drawn you closer to God or perhaps shown you His wonder in a new way? Absolutely. Its hard to put into words what I saw during our mission trip. Those kids were changed in ways beyond what I ever imagined. What an amazing experience!
Bonus question: When it is really hot, humid and uncomfortable, what do you do to refresh and renew body and spirit? Swim, swim, swim! Relax with a good book in some nice air conditioning or enjoy something ice cold! But mostly I just like to live in the water when it’s hot, humid, and uncomfortable!
It’s weird! I am so ready to settle down and yet there is no man in site. Maybe it’s because I work a lot or maybe its because I’m not really trying. Who knows? Here I am almost 30 years old…yeah hard to believe Ill be 30 exactly a month from tomorrow crazy huh. It’s hard as all my friends are getting married or having babies. I have like 6-8 friends who are expecting in the coming months. I am so happy and excited for them but I want it to be me too. Sorry I feel like I’m talking about this a lot but it is a good way for me to speak my opinion/feelings. I am just waiting…and maybe Im trying to hard. I also wonder if I need to actively try harder at meeting people…you know going out of my way to new places, city events etc to meet people. However sometimes when I come home from a long day, I am tired and it is hard for me to go back out again if you know what I mean. I just want to stay home and watch tv or whatever. Maybe I should try something like E-Harmony or something. I guess Ill just have to continue to wait and pray for God to bring a special man into my life. And for now, I guess Ill just have to buck it up and continue waiting it out!
1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel? I usually sit and jam out to the radio but sometimes if I see a roadblock I turn around and go the other way. Around here its not so much construction blocks but trains.
2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?) I honestly can say I have never locked myself out of my house…my car yes but never my car.
3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven’t flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.) Im sure I have at some time in my life
4) What’s your approach to a mental block? Try something else
5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer! Danger! Be Aware! Watch out for whats Ahead! Seminary classes are in session!