Well all this is it! This is my new set of wheels! What do you think?
I LOVE IT!
I’m thankful for
*my family. My family means the world to me! I love them all so much!
*people who understand mental illnesses and truly understand what that means to me. So many people out in the world are affected by this illness and yet there are so many who dont understand this illness so Im thankful for those who stand up for what is right.
*friends…old and new. It truly amazes me how much these people mean to me. They are wonderful individuals who Im so glad are in my life. They know when to make laugh. They provide a shoulder to cry on when I need one etc.
*A great job and congregation who has accepted me for me. This is a wonderful blessing in my life.
*The Mothership and the people there. I wouldn’t be where I am without all of you. You all have impacted my life in wonderful ways.
*the Advent Season, RevGalBlogPals, my new car, chai tea, laughter, emails, scrapbooking, pizza, German food, reality tv that makes me laugh, snow, Christian music, and numerous other things!
What are you thankful for this year?
I decided it would be fun to fill out this meme! Besides everyone seems to be doing it.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes I was named after a couple on Days of our Lives.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? A couple weeks ago
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? no not really. Its pretty bad!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Chopped ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? No
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I think so.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Sometimes
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS ? Yes I do.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Probably not.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Honey Bunches of Oats
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not usually
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I think I’m stronger than a lot of people give me credit for.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? This is a hard one probably Schwan’s Peppermint, Mint Chocolate Chip and Ben And Jerrys Phish Food!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Usually their smile
15. RED OR PINK? Red
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? probably my weight but Im working on that and my teeth. I wish they were whiter etc.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My sister and of course all my friends from the Mothership.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Doesn’t apply since its a blog
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black dress points and black dress shoes
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Oatmeal
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Air 1 on the radio.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? yellow
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? rain, clean laundry,etc
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mom (Stumbling, Im jealous you got to talk to LA! I miss her like crazy too!)
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS? Of course we met at the mothership!
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Cornhuskers Football, gymnastics, etc
27. HAIR COLOR? Brownish Blonde
28. EYE COLOR? green
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? as of July of this year and Im loving them!
30. FAVORITE FOOD? German Food especially dumplings. And many other things
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings. I like watching Scary movies but I’m always the one who ends up screaming etc. Ask Stumbling about that one! He’s been to a few scary movies with me and our friends from the Mothership!
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Mr Holland’s Opus
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Red
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? I like both!
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? I like so many! HArd to choose just one but if I had to, probably anything with chocolate
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Those who are looking for ways to procrastinate.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Those who have better things to do.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW? “Amazing Grace” by Kathleen Norris
40. What’s ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? dont have one at work
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? Dancing with the Stars, Bachelor:After the Final Rose, NCIS
42. FAVORITE SOUND? People laughing (especially babies)-I agree with Stumbling on this one.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Probably Baltimore
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I write poetry, short stories, etc
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Scottsbluff, NE
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? not sure
48. WHAT TIME IS IT NOW? 11:44am.
I was just catching up on some friend’s blogs and one really made me think today. My good friend Stumbling was at the mothership this weekend for a conference. I had planned on going myself but my synod’s Jr. High Youth Gathering was this weekend so I was there with some youth. It was fun to get to know my youth better and it was a fabulous weekend but I really wish I could have gone to the mothership even though I know it still would have been somewhat awkward. However I know that the good would have outweighed the bad.
Stumbling’s post really made me reflect back on my time at the mothership and what a gift it is in my life. Without that place, I truly don’t believe I would have found my gifts for ministry. The Mothership helped me to find those gifts and affirm those gifts. The Mothership introduced me to people that I am so glad are in my life. What would I do without each and every one of them? Each of classmates (the ones I graduated with and the class I started with) hold a special place in my heart. They are the ones I can turn too when the world seems to be turning upside down around me. They are the ones that love me for me! They are the ones that have taught me so much! I miss them tremendously!
Don’t get me wrong. I love my current call. I have been blessed in so many ways and I’ve only been here since August! I wouldn’t have given up my first call either because it taught me so much about myself and the church etc. However these places aren’t quite the same because my friends and I are scattered…scattered through the 50 states and beyond!
What I guess I’m saying is that I am thankful for the mothership, the friends I made there, and the impact it has had on my call to ministry and my life. I look forward to my retread in March knowing it will in some senses still be like coming home and in others wont quite be the same. However the Mothership is one of those blessings in my life that I wouldn’t give up for anything in the world!
I’m so excited! I just got a phone call and my Uncle found me a new car. It’s a 2000 Chevy Alero and is in superb condition. The woman took very good care of it. In fact, it looks practically new! I’m so excited! Hopefully I’ll be able to get to my hometown next week to trade cars. This totally makes my day. I’ve been driving a 1986Ford Tempo for awhile now and it has seen its best days. And now that Im driving to and from work, I really need to have a more reliable car! But enough about that, I just had to share my new.
In other news, it snowed today! Snow flurries bring a smile to my face…probably because I grew up in ND. I just wish the wind would go down just a little. Other than that, not much is happening. I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful November day! God bless!
Name 5 things you would do to;
1.to care for your body—I would love to go to a spa and get my hair done etc. I need a haircut bad!
2. to care for your spirit—Listen to some good music, hang out with some friends, spend time enjoying the Advent season, etc
3. to care for your mind—Read a good book that isnt work-related!
4. to bring a sparkle to your eye—Spend time with family and/or friends I havent seen in forever. Get a surprise phone call or letter or email from a friend I have lost touch with.
5. to place a spring in your step—Get asked out on a date. Get a new car!
Enjoy the time to indulge and dream…. and then for a bonus which one on the list are you determined to put into action? I think I am going to treat myself to a spa day sometime soon. I also hope that I hear from a long-lost friend!
Well I should head back to work…lots to do this week. Last week was full of lifes ups and downs. Just glad everything has been taken care of. Have a great day!