I love this time of year. I love watching the leaves turn different colors. However the one thing I hate about this time of year is my sinuses, colds, etc. I am feeling fine. I just wish I didnt feel like my nose was so super stuffed. Oh well. Im sure in time it will go away. I am working on my first summer here at my new job. It is exciting but a little scary. Maybe Ill be brave enough to post it once its completed and given. But enough about that, Im so excited for the fall line-up to start…Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor, Ugly Betty, ER, etc. Hard to believe its already that time of the year again. Any new shows you are excited to see? Any new shows you already like (You’ll have to post them once you watch them since they are just starting)? I have become a fan of the new show “Nashville”. Maybe its because Terry Bradshaw’s daughter is on it. Im not sure! Let me know what you enjoy watching and maybe Ill just have to check it out myself!
Why is it I’m always doing laundry late the night before I go somewhere? Once again I am waiting for my laundry to finish so thought Id post a quick post. Im leaving for a few days to go to a rostered leaders retreat at a resort. It will be nice to get away for a few days! Not much is happening here…just busy with work and stuff! Its been fun to catch up with old friends from college, hs, and seminary. Its amazed me how many people Ive run into in the two months Ive been here! Today a friend and I went grocery shopping. We are having a lunch for camp counselors once a month. Its something fun for us to do and a way to say “thank you” for serving the kids we once served. Im looking forward to having them all at my place. I love having company! Well I think I just heard the timer go off so that means my laundry is finished! YAY! Im ready for bed. Have a great couple of days and talk to you all when I return. Good night all!
1. What’s your view of meetings? Choose one or more, or make up your own:
a) When they’re good, they’re good. I love the feeling of people working well together on a common goal.
b) I don’t seek them out, but I recognize them as a necessary part of life.
c) The only good meeting is a canceled meeting.
Im leaning torwards A! I think if people can work well together and accomplish a goal that is an amazing feeling!
2. Do you like some amount of community building or conversation, or are you all business? Im definetely about community building and conversation. I enjoy getting to know people and feel that is so important to being part of a successful team.
3. How do you feel about leading meetings? Share any particular strengths or weaknesses you have in this area.
I dont mind leading meetings but feel it is not one of my strong suites. I am organized which is a strength but one of my weaknesses is that I dont always feel comfortable leading.
4. Have you ever participated in a virtual meeting? (conference call, IM, chat, etc.) What do you think of this format? I have not participated in any of these types of meetings.
5. Share a story of a memorable meeting you attended. A memorable meeting…..For me its probably my endorsement interview at seminary. I had struggled with some classes but had stuck with it. DUring my endorsement interview meeting, I was asked about my struggle with classes. I answered. Then one of my professors who was also my advisor spoke up and said, “Do you know how easy it would have been for T to walk out that door, shut the door, and never look back? It takes more guts to stick with it.” Those words and that meeting have helped me get through many hard times in my life!
Thanks to FrontRow Lutheran and Stumbling for helping me fix my feed problem! WOO HOO! Life sure is busy now the fall season started up. I’m so glad that I got to go to LifeLight over Labor Day weekend! It totally rocked and it was so great to spend my bday with good friends! It made me think of my first bday at the Mothership where we laughed so hard our guts ached and we ate cake like little piggies. It still brings a smile to my face and makes me laugh! I totally need to visit some of my Mothership friends! I miss them all so dearly! Some days it would just be nice to sit down and have a cup of coffee, chat, etc but enough about that. Well hope you all are having a great day. And again thanks to Stumbling and FrontRow for helping me fix my problem!
1.Have you experienced God’s faithfulness at a difficult time? Tell as much or as little as you like…
Absolutely I have! Having a mom who is manic/bipolar, I definetely have turned to God during all those times she was sick. Losing a camp friend in April also was a time I turned to God. Her and her mom were in a car accident. They both were too young to die. I can think of so many times in my life when God was the first person I turned too!
2. Have you experienced a dark night of the soul, if so what brought you through? You know honestly I dont remember ever experiencing a dark night of the soul in my life.
3. Share a Bible verse, song, poem that has brought you comfort? Psalm 23, “Footprints in the Sand” After thinking about this a little longer, I decided to come back and add to this question. As of recently, it is the song “My Savior, My God” by Aaron Schust. It was played at a friend and her mom’s funeral. This friend always had this playing in her office according to the youth she ministered too. Every time I hear it it now brings tears to my eyes. The words have a completely different meaning.
4. Is “why suffering” a valid question? Yes I think it is. Sometimes we just need to ask that question to help get through life.
5. And on a lighter note- you have reached the end of a dark and difficult time- how are you going to celebrate?
Im going to spend it with family and friends. Im not sure what we would do but probably something that involves a lot of laughing!
(1) Since you’re a big reality TV fan… if you could be on one of those shows which one & why? So this is a hard one. As many of you know, I think I watch them because they make me laugh. I definetely wouldnt be on Idol since I really can’t carry a tune. I probably wouldnt be on Big Brother because Id be the emotional one and would probably be voted off right away. I guess if I had to chose, I would choose the Biggest Loser since I am currently trying to lose some weight. A very small part of me also thinks it would be fun to be on the Real World!
(2) If you had $5000.00 to donate to a small town (pop. 500 or less) what would you request the $ be set aside for? Coming from a small town of about 1000 people, I can relate to this question. I would ask that the money be used for education programs especially music, art, theatre, etc because they seem to be the first programs cut and are so beneficial to kids development etc.
(3) to you what is the best breakfast ever? (and yeah if coffee’s included… be specific!)Sadly I am not a big breafast person but when I do have breakfast, I love hashbrowns, French Toast, Honey Bunches of Oats or something along that line. I often enjoy a nice cup of tea or cappucino in the morning.
(4) so you’re throwing a theme party for good, good friends… what’s the theme? This one is easy. Since most of my friends are huge Harry Potter fans I would probably have a Harry Potter themed party. One time at seminary, some friends actually had a Harry themed party and it was so much fun so Id probably stick with that theme.
(5) yeah baby time for bling or not…money’s no object so what new wheels will you be seen cruising in? Since my current car is a 1986 Ford Tempo and has been deemed a “ghetto” car, anything at this current moment would be better but if I could pick anything, I think I would probably pick some cool hybrid car.
1. If you are interested in being interviewed, leave me a comment saying “Interview me.”2. I will respond by posting five questions for you. I get to pick the questions.3. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions
Ok so you are probably wondering what the heck I mean by the title of my blog, guess you had to be there! Let’s just say Jars came onto the stage with short gym shorts. It still was an awesome concert though! I love that band so much! The entire weekend at LifeLight was fabulous. I got to meet Phil Wickham and got his autograph. We saw Jars, Phil Joel, Derek Webb, Leeland, Building 429, Barlow Girl, Bread of Stone, Phil Wickham, Chris Tomlin, and many more. It was a great weekend! Then yesterday I celebrated another birthday. Man am I getting old??!?! It was a great day though. Some friends and I had a Labor Day Picnic. They even made a birthday cake for two of us to share. It was definetely a great birthday! Well back to work! And I think Im going to put on my new Jars cd!!!