Name five things you like a lot that some close relative or significant other did/does not like. This could be food, movies, hobbies, music, sports or whatever springs to mind.
1. I love Chili and pretty much anything that is somewhat spicy. My sister cannot stand anything spicy. She hates chili etc.
2. The movie Rent! I absolutely love this movie. Its so much fun and has such a wonderful message. However Im pretty sure most people in my family wouldnt find it enjoyable like my dad. He just doesnt strike me as the type of guy who likes musicals.
3. Swimming. My mom, sister, and I love the water. In fact in the summer, we used to live at the swimming pool. However Dad would not. He is not a big fan of water like that. And the one time he did go, he was sitting on the edge of the pool and a neighbor kid pushed him in so after that needless to say, Dad wouldnt go with us to the pool.
4. I love to write stories and poetry. Its definetely one of my passions. My family loves to read what I write but they dont have the same passion for it as I do. My sister used to always ask me to help her write papers etc. She doesnt like to write like I do.
5. Cinnamon Gummy bears! I love them! But since they are somewhat hot and spicy, of course, my sister does not eat them. She wont eat Hot Tamales either which is another one of my faves!
There are some people in my congregation who think that they need to find me a husband. Last night several of them decided that they were going to make a deadline for themselves of Dec 31, 2007. The funny thing is the Mayor was sitting next to them so they decided to enlist him too. He said that he was going to make a mayoral decree to find me a husband etc. I am in no hurry to get married. However its kind of a nice though, yet Im not sure how much I want to entrust my future to this group of men. I know its all in good fun but geez…they sure are having fun giving me a hard time but I guess someones got to do it or at least thats what my friends from seminary would tell me. I guess Im just an easy target!
1. Would you call yourself “creative”? Why or why not? Yeah. I love to scrapbook, love to write poetry and short stories, love to take pictures, etc. So yeah I would say Im creative.
2. Share a creative or artistic pursuit you currently do that you’d like to develop further. Hmmm I would have to say Ive kind of let my writing stories and poetry go as of late so I think Id like to pick that back up and develop it more. Id also like to develop my photography skills some.
3. Share a creative or artistic pursuit you have never done but would like to try. Knitting, Crocheting, and Im sure there are other things I would love to try too.
4. Complete this sentence: “I am in awe of people who can _____________.” sing beautifully and compose music.
5. Share about a person who has encouraged your creativity, who has “called you to your best self.” (I’m pretty sure that’s from the Gospel of Oprah. This one is easy for me. So many people have really helped me to be creative. I would say Mrs. K and Mrs. H in high school saw my love for writing etc and told me never to give up on my dreams. My family. My mom said when I was little all she had to do was give me a pen and paper and I was a happy kid. I would just sit and write for hours. My friends at camp encouraged me. My seminary crew also encouraged me. In fact, I think, it was probably at seminary when I really began to write more etc because they saw that gift in me.
Yesterday was a definete snow day. However it didnt snow hard enough and the wind didnt pick up enough for school, confirmation, etc to be called back. However my dad and his gf who were coming back from a winter trip to Las Vegas, Im sure, had an interesting flight home. Dont get me wrong? I love growing up in ND with the cold snowy winters etc but I think this winter has just dragged on to much. Im so ready for spring to be here. I want to able to go outside and ride bike, etc. Oh well lately since I havent been able to go outside Ive found myself stuck to the tv for my fave reality tv shows. Trust me Im addicted…Ive watched em all! But tonight Nashville Star comes to an end. Its going to be a close one. I truly think that its going to be between the two siblings Zac and Angela Hacker. A lot of people think Angela will win but I think Zac could totally surprise us all and win. His original song was absolutely amazing!
But enough about that, I’ve been thinking a lot about my friends. I am truly grateful that God brought each of them into my life. When I look back on my life, it’s absolutely amazing to me how and when these friends came. A lot of them were brought into my life at times when I really needed them. At camp, I finally opened up about my moms illness and was really able to openly talk about it. Musician friend was one of the people I always could count on. He was one of the first people to call me when my mom’s lithium level got too high and caused her kidneys to shut down. Even though he wasnt able to be there in person, he was there and allowed me to cry into the phone and also helped me make sense of the situation. At college, there was a friend who I really could talk too because he understood my mom’s illness. I remember one time in particular where he just held me and let me cry on his shoulders. Its hard because he later committed suicide. And for the longest time, I questioned why God would bring him into my life and then shortly thereafter take him away. Rest in peace, Chewy. At seminary, I have to say there really wasnt one specific person that was there for me because they all were in their own ways and in their own time. The class I started with was a blessing. The crew I hung out with was a blessing. When I struggled to make it through some classes, they were the ones that lifted me up and helped me get through it all. Its almost impossible to name them each by name but they all know who they are. But all of these friends mean the world to me. They are my rock when I am weak. They are my light in the midst of the darkness. And I hope that I have been that friend for them. The other day I was listening to the radio and they were talking about just taking the time during this Lenten season to write a note to a friend who could use a little cheer etc. As I listened to the dj talking, I was reminded about how many times my friends have done that for me.